This is one of those questions, which as a former web developer and webmaster took a while to get my mind around. I just didn’t initially see the meaningful difference between a blog and a web page and/or a website. Now that I have been running a few blogs for a while, perhaps it is time to answer this question.
What is a Blog?
- Simply put, a blog is a web site.
- Usually, a blog is focus on a singular topic or set of topic of interests to the publisher, webmaster, and/or blog administrator.
What is a Blog post?
- A blog post is a web page, which leverages a software and community facilitated web page publishing method.
What make a Blog different from a typical web site?
- Usually, blog sites a provider hosted (essentially, Software as a Server (SaaS)), , such as WordPress or SquareSpace, but may be self-hosted or business hosted
- Blog publishing usually has provider and user community support to provide artistic aesthetics (e.g. themes, etc.) and facilitation software.
- Blogging Tip – Publish or perish
- What is a Blogger?
- Blogging – What is SEO?
- Blogging Tip – Effective Post Titles
- Blogging tip – Write small posts